Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Paper Scissors Rock Stimulus Package

For the past few months I've been hearing now and then from buyers who are concerned about the economic downturn. Many are experiencing slow sales. 
I'm so lucky that my business is doing really well - and in large part I owe it to them. I think of my wholesale buyers as partners. Their success is my success, and vice versa. So I started wondering if there was any way I could help my buyers get through this. I pondered the options for a couple of days and came up with my own little stimulus package.
I decided to offer 40 free cards with every wholesale order until March 15th.  That may not sound like much since my cards retail for only $2.50-$2.75. But do the math - that means the store will receive $100-$110 in free merchandise. That's free bonus money in their pockets. It's better for them than free shipping or a free clock, but doesn't cost me much more. And there is a benefit for me. If those buyers have never tried my card line, this gives them a chance to try it out. If the cards sell for them they'll reorder. If they don't order the cards later, it still feels great to me that I was able to help make their business more profitable. So not matter the outcome, I look at it as a win-win.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is better than what is coming out of DC! Free money!